Cheyenne, OK – Congressman Frank Lucas (OK-03) released the following statement after President Trump, on Thursday, September 24, 2020, signed an Executive Order on An America-First Healthcare Plan, aimed at protecting patients with pre-existing conditions and putting an end to surprise medical billing:
“As a native to rural Oklahoma, challenges with access and affordable healthcare services often determine whether Oklahomans are able to remain in the communities they call home,” said Congressman Lucas. “I applaud the administration’s recent health care announcement, the America First Health Plan, which puts patients first by bringing efficient and quality healthcare to all Americans. The plan protects patients with pre-existing conditions, lowers health care costs for seniors, and protects patients against disastrous and unfair surprise medical billing.”
Lucas continued, “This announcement is an important step in the right direction in healthcare reform. Moving forward, Congress must continue to work together and find commonsense solutions to our challenges affecting Oklahomans, and those throughout the country.”
President Trump’s Executive Order on An America-First Healthcare Plan helps improve care for the American people, especially the most vulnerable; lowers healthcare costs for Americans; and continues the President’s plan to provide Americans with more healthcare options to put patients and doctors back in control.
Under the Executive Order, President Trump has declared it policy of the Federal Government to:
- Protect individuals with pre-existing conditions and ensure they have access to care they can afford,
- End surprise billing and send prescription drug discount cards to over 33 million seniors,
- Allow the import of prescription drugs from Canada and allow low-income Americans to purchase affordable insulin and Epi-Pens at nearly 10,000 Federal clinic locations,
- Improve access to direct primary care arrangements that cut out the middleman and cut bureaucratic red tape,
- Invest in critical areas, including pediatric cancer, Sickle Cell Disease, and Alzheimer’s research.
For more on the President’s America-First Healthcare Plan, click here.